Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Naughty Song

I was having a discussion with my sister today about Christian music. I really love Christian music for the most part, and I listen to it almost exclusively these days. But one thing that bothers me is when I hear a song and I'm not quite sure if the artist is speaking about God or their lover. Tossing around the word "Lord" in a song does not a Christian song make, you know what I mean? 

So in order to prove this point, I told my sister that I was going to write a raunchy "Christian" song. This is just for sillies, although feel free to take it and serenade your intended with it on your wedding night if you want to. The inspiration came from the "naughtiest" book in the Bible, Song of Solomon. 

A Christian naughty song - by me! 

Baby, it's our wedding night.
We've done everything just right,
And waited till we're wed,
Before we both went to bed. 

And standing here looking at you,
I can tell your nervous too,
Cause soon two shall be one,
We're like the Shulamite and Solomon.

Is it wrong if I tell you publicly?
That I want to know you biblically?

So if you're a gazelle, I'm the hunter
Chasing after you because I want ya.
If you're a garden, I'm Peter Rabbit,
Whatever your fruit, baby, I've gotta have it.
Your navel is a goblet and I'll do what's implied,
Thank God He put you in my life,
Especially for tonight. 

Baby, when I look at you,
I can feel our love shine through.
Climb under the covers,
We're about to become lovers. 

And I'm not sure quite how this goes,
But we'll let the Bible tell us so,
I'm a wall and my breasts are towers,
Baby, you can climb those things for hours.

Is it wrong to tell you publicly?
That I want you to feed amongst your lilies? 

So if your mouth is wine, then I'm a lush,
Clearly you're vintage that God didn't rush.
If you're a vineyard, I am it's keeper,
Oh, your sweet grapes makes my love grow deeper.
And in the garden of nuts, and I'll do what's implied.
Thank God He put you in my life,
Especially for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment