Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Interpersonal Relationships

Are relationships nothing more than a series of transactions? I do this, and you do this, and we are happy as long as we are fulfilling our part of the bargain. There’s no room for hurt feelings, no addendums for changing mentality or morals or for just being too damn exhausted to hold up your end. 

I do this and you do this, and this, and this. Make a list of it. Check off your to-dos. Did I say thank you today? Did I present my body? Am I grateful? Am I submissive? Is it enough to submit willingly, or must I do it enthusiastically? 
I’ve penciled you into my calendar, I’ve made you a part of my schedule. Yes sir, yes sir, atta boy. I do this, and I want a thank you for it or I won’t do it anymore. 


I do this and you do this, and we both stay happy. And if one of us shirks our end of the deal, we can always walk away. It’s not personal, it’s just business.

No comments:

Post a Comment