Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Internal Conversations

My thoughts as I did dishes this morning, and contemplated my fitness and nutrition goals for the new year:

I really should just cut out the junk food cold turkey for a while. I've been over indulging for so many months now that I should have no problem depriving myself for a short amount of time. Yes, a little depravity is just what I need. 

I don't know why my brain thought "depravity" was the appropriate word. I've been resolved thus far to refrain from any acts of moral corruption. I can generally make it through the day without killing anyone, or having torrid affairs (or mundane affairs), or whatever else. That's pretty easy. But ask me to make it through the day without eating my feelings worth of chocolate...

Anyway, the end result of the internal dialogue was that for this new year, I am determined to permanently change my diet up. I go through these periods of time where I'll be eating healthy and active for a few months and then suddenly, I want to eat EVERYTHING and not move. I have resolved to get a handle on a healthy lifestyle without such extreme ups and downs before I'm thirty, so that means this year is the year to make it happen. Further goals for this year are to run a half marathon, and compete in the Zombie run in Seattle this year. I really do enjoy working out, and I'm excited to try some new things along the fitness line.

Anyone else have any health/fitness goals for this year?

2 comments:

  1. absolutely nothing crazy for me, i tend to set myself up for failure when it comes to new years resolutions. so mine is not a resolution, but a small goal. eat a little less and move a little more. that's it for me. :D
    good to see you writing again! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold Turkey is difficult. Don't beat yourself up when you fall off. Just keep working toward it and you will eventually get there.

    ReplyDelete